Tuesday, October 9, 2012

being gone and coming back...


October 9, 2012

Ezekiel 34:1 The word of the Lord came to me: “Son of Man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel; prophesy, and say to them, even to the shepherds, Thus says the Lord God: Ah, shepherds of Israel who have been feeding yourselves! Should not shepherds feed the sheep?

 

Sunday I heard a sermon based on these verses; I must admit that I had never read them before. Shame on me! Yet, when I sat and listened to the preacher teach on them I knew that I had to study them further in my quiet time. I know that I have been absent for quit a while, and there is no excuse. I have been hanging on by my fingernails in my life lately, and isn’t this when I need God and the power of His word them most. Sure, it is, but like many times we (I) allow myself to be fooled that I am too busy. When actually I am not and should never be too bust. I am excited to learn what God has to say to through the prophet Ezekiel about all the things He will do for His people!

No comments:

Post a Comment